1. Assess pain severity on scale of
1-10 every hour by asking patient.
2. Monitor Vital Signs.
3. Offer and encourage pain
medication every 4 hours per physician order.
4. Educate patient on importance of
pain management to promote rest & healing.
5. Educate and have patient
demonstrate relaxation techniques to help pain management.
6. Reposition every 2 hours
beginning 8 AM.
1. Initial assessment provides
baseline and comparison.
2. Usually altered in acute pain.
3. Medication will help in providing
4. Lack of sleep/rest impedes
5. Will help to relieve tension to
reduce stress and pain level.
6. Repositioning aids in prevention
of pressure ulcers and aids in comfort.
1. Patient states 7 on pain scale.
2. Vital signs 97.7 temp. BP 123/83
HR 69 RR 18
3. After PCA pump patient states
pain 5 on pain scale.
4. Patient agrees to take pain
medicine as ordered.
5. Patient listened about relaxation
and performed some deep breath exercises & watched TV for distraction.
6. No pressure ulcers & repositioned
with patient assistance.